Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Back in Minneapolis

Well gang,

I safely landed back here in Minneapolis this morning. I'm a little groggy since I woke up at 3:30 central time to catch my flight back here. Fortunately, I took the day off of work so I can do some blogging. The trip went great, I think my grandad had a lot of fun which was kind of the main point of the trip. We went on a boat ride on Canandaigua Lake, but most of the time was spent hanging out with various family members and family friends (and taking naps). Hey, when you're 94 that's a lot of excitement right there. Even at that age, he's as sharp as a whip, and if you are ever lucky enough to meet him you will figure out what side of the family I get my smartass-ness from. I have to say when they were handing out grandparents, my grandad and late grandmother were about as good as I could have hoped for.

My parents and grandad were there the whole time, my aunt stopped in a few times with some of her friends, my brother and his wife were there for a day, and some old friends of my grandad showed up as well. Plus there were a lot of ducks as well. I tried to get some action photos of the ducks but they were not cooperating. Still, I decided that it's hard not to like ducks, so I took something like 15 pictures of them.

In other news, I have decided to start a new diet now that I am back home. I call it the stop-eating-4000-calories-a-day diet. Today might be a little rough since I'm tired and looking at a 20 hour day. But I'm starting tomorrow. I promise.

3 comments:

m said...

Canandaigua is a hard word to say. They should rename that shit.

Also, I've tried that diet you're considering and I would not recommend it. You can't eat 10 krispy kremes a day - who wants to live like that?

Peter said...

It's pronounced cannon-day-gua. It's one of the eleven Finger Lakes. And no, I don't know why there are eleven Finger Lakes.

Do you have any diet tips? I need to shed a few pounds so that I can fit back into my Chippendale's costume for Halloween.

m said...

Maybe it was named after a deformed baby that had 11 fingers instead of the standard 10?

Diet tip: be a pumpkin for Halloween instead.