Tuesday, October 17, 2006

If Not Now, When?

You know, lately I've been thinking about a problem I have. Perhaps you have this problem to. I wouldn't quite call it procrastination but it's along those lines. Maybe I should call it Pete-crastination. Hmmm, let me look up the definition of procrastination online here...

Okay, never mind, procrastination is the word I'm looking for. Maybe.

The reason I don't like the word procrastination is that the things I put off I have perfectly good explanations for putting off. I'll date more once I'm done with grad school, I'll get back to working out regularly once this exam is over, I do this once I find a new job, yadda yadda. But I think that's the point I'm trying to make here - there will always be a legitimate reason to put things off until later. I think it comes down to deciding what's important to you and start living it.

In that spirit, I am pleased to announce my newest campaign called "If Not Now, When?"* My first "now" is going to be getting my ass back in shape and dropping at least 15 pounds of flab by the end of January.** It'll be tough with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up (the Scylla and Charybdis of dieting) but with your support I will make it. Anyway, I will provide you with updates to let you know how I am progressing.

You too can catch the fever! Write in to me to tell me your "If Not Now, When?" stories.

*The original name was "If not now, when, you lazy bastard?" but focus groups found that to be too negative.
**Maybe 20, but we'll re-evaluate at 185. I know what you're thinking, but the plan is to go from "good-looking" to (as Mindy would say) "rip-tizzeled." Seriously Mindy, talking like Snoop Dogg stopped being cool around '96.

1 comment:

m said...

For the record, I have never used the word "rip-tizzled", though I now fully intend to. Secondly, I believe it is YOU, Sir, who talks like Snoop.

Lastly, my "If Not Now, When?":
I am always putting off getting that boob job. "Maybe they'll grow on their own", I tell myself. "Maybe after I have kids", I say. But if not now, when??