Sunday, October 08, 2006

There Ain't No Party Like A Blogger Party 'cause a Blogger Party Don't Stop (Until Midnight)

Well, the first annual (semiannual? bi-fortnightly?) blogger party was this Friday and went off without a hitch. Although nobody ended up completely embarrassing themselves, it was still a lot of fun. The whole gang was there: Becky, Christy, Jason, Mindy, and of course me. Hopefully over time we can bring some other local bloggers into our little band. For most of us, we didn't really know everyone else in person before (except for Mindy - she gets around... socially, that is). Instead of being tiny JPEGs who make snarky comments on the Internet, we now all know each other as real people who make snarky comments on the Internet. We learned a lot of other interesting things about each other:

Becky is looking to create another blog in addition to her PG-13 organ donation blog. Apparently she felt that "slut related material" was not appropriate for Chopped Liver. Do I smell a blog naming contest people?

In additional to her other duties, Mindy also lays claim to the title of Queen of the Exercise Ball (see Exhibit A).

At least one of us enjoys breaking other people's trash cans and not telling them about it.

If Mindy was a lesbian, she would date homely, anorexic-looking women with no fashion sense. She would also have to buy season tickets to the Lynx and start breeding pit bulls.

Christy is more obsessed with rap music than I am. I wonder if she screams things like "West Side" and flashes gang signs when she is drunk.

Of course, there was a lot of stuff that I can't put on a blog. Feel free to send in your own blogger party stories!

4 comments:

christine said...

Peter the Party Master.
The first blogger party was fantastic. Mindy on the ball, Becky on the ball - I was never on the ball?

I say the next party involves dancing to JJ & CL's Mix. Sersiously, THANKS so much for hosting - you are a sweet guy!
Hollerin' at ya from the Eastside Mo'Fo's - Christy Love

m said...

Thanks for putting that picture up of me doing pushups on the ball. Really sweet of you. Really.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was Becky who broke your trash can. She said she hated it because you owned it. I dunno why, but that's what she said.

christine said...

Mindy - you looked so hot on the ball. Really!

Peter said...

I'm up for the dance party. I could probably be talked into helping M.C. Christy out with the dance mix.

Christy's right Min, you do look pretty hot on the ball. Look at that back definition! Actually, the trash can was basically old and busted and I was looking to get rid of it anyway. Until then, I have to put a book on the lid because my kitchen was starting to smell...

Hmmm, maybe I should have have a "help Pete decorate his place" blog entry?