Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Dreams: Man Are They Stupid

First of all I should note that Blogspot comments are now blocked at work, so you'll just have to wait until the evening for my scathing commentary. This shouldn't affect my blogging too much otherwise since most of it is done at home anyway. Just thought I'd tell you in case you came up with a real zinger and can't wait for a response.

Moving on. (Can you tell I've been watching The Colbert Report too much? I need to come up with my own catchphrases)

I don't know about you guys, but my dreams are just plain stupid. I don't think there is an entry for "dumbest dreams ever" in the Guinness Book of World Records but if there was I would win it. First off, I almost never remember any of my dreams. Apparently this is a good thing since I read somewhere that remembering your dreams is a sign you are not getting quality sleep.

However, when I do remember my dreams they are almost never interesting. I never dream about sex (apparently I must get that out of the way during my waking hours) or flying or being naked in front of a whole bunch of people. No, my dreams are du-umb. For some reason most of them revolve around school. Oftentimes I have a paper due or a test coming up and I am unprepared for it. These dreams tend to be very mundane and realistic, so when I wake up it isn't always clear that it was a dream. Once back in high school I had a dream where I went to sign up for a chemistry lab and all the spots were full, so I didn't sign up in real life. According to some so-called "dream interpretation" websites I visited the most common interpretation of this is that I have unresolved feelings of inadequacy. Of course that's ridiculous, I came to terms with my inadequacy a long time ago.

Other times I dream about things like selling my condo and moving to another one and worrying about whether it was a good idea, or something equally boring. I think the weirdest dream I had was one in which the Muppets were being chased by a giant tomato back-and-forth across a stage. For some reason, Muppets did not make it into any of the dream dictionaries so I'm in the dark on that one. I think the worst dream I've ever had is one in which my mom is crossing a bunch of streets and ends up getting hit by a car. I don't even want to know what that means but needless to say I called my mom the next day to tell her I loved her.

So, what kind of dreams do you have? I hope they are better than my crappy, crappy ones.

1 comment:

m said...

I think I know now why I'm tired ALL THE TIME. I remember my dreams most nights, and usually I wish I hadn't. What do your dream interpretation books/websites say about bloody, violent nightmares? Cuz that's usually what I have. Awesome.

Tonight I'm going to try dream of muppets and tomatoes though, because THAT is pretty funny.