Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Update 2: Grad School Marches On

Fall semester ended a couple weeks ago, leaving only one class left to go in the spring. Financial Accounting was a snap especially after the infamous Financial Statement Analysis. Ethics was okay - the topics were sometimes interesting but any class with sixty students and a class participation grade is bound to result in a lot of argument-by-sound-bite. I was really glad that I decided to write the final paper the week ahead of time because write after that is when I came down with strep throat (and believe me, there was no writin' nuthin when you have strep throat).

I also have paid my final tuition bill and purchased my last school book. In fact, my grad school related cash flow will in fact be positive due to the tuition reimbursement money I will have coming back. My last class is Marketing Management, one of our core classes. In case you were wondering, no, I did not concentrate in marketing.

It'll be kind of strange to not be in grad school anymore. Class starts in two weeks and then runs for eleven weeks. I'll be glad to be done, but I've talked to a bunch of people recently about how you start to identify yourself as a "grad student," as this seems to carry some cachet in certain circles. This is especially true when your job is boring and rather hard to describe to people. Oh well, like Mindy I'm starting a new job hunt in 2008. I'm sure you are all as excited about it as I am! Yeah!

1 comment:

m said...

Being done with school is even better than being able to identify yourself as a grad student. Trust me. Now I get to say "Yeah, I have my MBA - eat it!"

Nice, right?