Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Kiva Update

Well, my little project on Kiva is marching forward in good order. I've made two loans so far and just made another. After making sure that my previous loan to Oleg went through smoothly, I loaned another $100 to Rahim in Afghanistan who sells shoes and needed to buy some fresh stock, and today I made a $100 group loan to Sarwer in Pakistan to help her buy another floor grinding machine to rent out. The rest of the group is looking to borrow money for their window glass sales and rickshaw businesses (I assume the latter is the kind you drive, not pull).

Assuming all goes according to plan, I should start seeing my first loan repayment come in by the end of next week or so. In other microcredit related news, I am also reading Creating a World Without Poverty, a book by the aforementioned Muhammad Yunus about social business. When I am done reading that I will write another book review that you won't bother to read.

2 comments:

m said...

This is a really cool idea....maybe I should do it too...

Anonymous said...

Great info. Lucky me I came across your blog by accident (stumbleupon).
I have saved as a favorite for later!

Here is my site get cheap auto insurance online