Monday, April 14, 2008

Match Update

Okay I know you have all been dying to know my most recent Match-ventures. For a while I didn't really check in much, and there wasn't much activity for a couple months. Anyway I was deciding whether to let my membership lapse about a month ago and all of a sudden was hit with a Match-valanche* of winks and e-mails. Now that I think about it, I wonder if Match bumps you up in people's search results when your subscription is coming up... (sounds a bit paranoid, but Match has already been sued for allegedly paying people to go on dates with people in order to keep people from pulling subscriptions).

The last month or so has been kind of annoying. One woman apparently needed me to send her an Evite to official formalize a date more than 24 hours in advance or she would make other plans. I went on two dates with another woman who I kind of had an emotional connection with, but she was a little boring and we didn't have much in common. I had another date with a 24 year old, which served to remind me why I don't date a lot of 24 year olds. She was nice enough, but it was like dating... a 24 year old. There was a Buddhist vegan who I traded a couple e-mails with, but after telling me my e-mail was one of the best she had received she kind of dithered around and stopped replying. And then there is the most annoying of Match creatures, the elusive I-winked-at-you-but-and-then-told-you-your-reply-was-great-but-then-I-didn't-reply-to-the-next-one-o-saurus.

My newest muse is training for triathlons and just got accepted into the Physical Therapy grad program at the U. After my run today, the latter may come in handy. Anyway it appears she is online at the moment, either crafting a witty e-mail or possibly blocking me from contacting her. Whatever it is, I will keep you updated.

*Okay, enough of the Match-related portmanteau

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually no matter if someone doesn't be aware of afterward its up to other viewers that they will assist, so here it happens.

Have a look at my page; get auto insurance quotes online free