Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Cultural Society, Poetry, et al

In case any of you are into poetry readings, my cousin runs a poetry outfit here in Minneapolis, called The Cultural Society. They sponsor poetry readings at places like Magers & Quinn and sell some poetry from mostly regional authors.

As a tribute, here is a poem I wrote in high school, called "The Butterfly:"

I looked way up into the sky,
__and out of the corner of my eye,
oh what, oh what, did I just spy?
__I just spied a butterfly
A butterfly as it fluttered by,
__grabbed it tho' I can't say why.
Much force did my hand apply,
__Thus killing the little butterfly.

4 comments:

m said...

Creepy even back in high school, eh?

Peter said...

Sounds like someone is jealous of my mad phat rhyming skills...

m said...

You are so white.

Anonymous said...

Jason, stop encouraging him.