Friday, October 27, 2006

Fafarazzi: It's Like World of Warcraft For Celebrity Gossip Whores

Well, maybe I should have predicted this but I am already getting sick of Fafarazzi. Of course, I would probably be in better spirits if I was doing better, or if a couple of days ago I hadn't just traded away a couple of players that immediately scored 5 points.

Now that I have figured out how the scoring system works, figured out who the hell these people are, and developed several killer techniques* to dominate the game, the question really comes down to this - do I have the energy and determination it takes to win at this game? As I learned after about 10 minutes last night, apparently the answer is no.

The bottom line is that I'm tired and I have a lot to do, and I'm don't have the time to spend all day and night licking the proverbial Tootsie Pop to get to the chewy celebrity center. Honestly, I just don't care what movies Mischa Barton is renting or whether Goldie Hawn approves of Owen Wilson or not. Sure, some of it's fun, by why spend time running around when I can just wait for the best of the best to show up on Mindy Does Minneapolis?

Of course, I still enjoy all of the trash talking that goes on. I think the plan now is to hope that LiLo pulls me through, and concentrate on messing with everybody else's mind.

*For the record, I still have a fair amount of faith in my original buy-and-hold strategy, which would have me in about third place if I hadn't made the aforementioned stupid trades.

2 comments:

m said...

Oh wow, you're just making excuses now so that when you DON'T win you can be like "Yeah, I never really cared about that stupid Fafarazzi League anyway. Whatevs. It's stupid. I didn't even want to win."

m said...

So, how does it feel to have your ass kicked?