Wednesday, October 25, 2006

An Ode to My Fairy Blogmother

Anyone who reads this blog regularly (both of you) knows that I like to poke a lot of fun at Mindy, who is presently doing Minneapolis. However, this is more due to the fact that my communication skills with women have not progressed since about the third grade than anything actually being wrong with Mindy. There are a lot of things I can share about Mindy that are great, such as the following:

- As you may have deduced, Mindy introduced me to the wonderful world of blogging, or as some people call it 'wasting precious moments of life.' Okay, Christy deserves some credit for bugging me too, and I suppose Becky gets some credit as the O.B.* But at some point we all have to bow to the fact that Mindy is the matron of our little blogging family, leading the way in consistent high-quality posts, technological innovation, and shameless self-promotion.

- Despite being from North Dakota and attending an undergraduate college of lesser renown, Mindy is actually quite smart.

- One of my favorite Mindy moments was she decided to give the class some instruction in Throw Down 101 during a Negotiations course a couple of months ago. It's a little hard to explain unless you know something about game theory, but long story short Mindy gave a couple people in class the moral equivalent of a good bitch-slapping.

- Did I mention her dog Otis? He is an extremely adorable Boston Terrier (just ask Mindy, she'll tell you). One weekend I was fortunate enough to dog-sit for him and his 'sister' Phoebe, a black pug. Despite being an extremely masculine and testosterone-charged kind of guy, I have a thing for smaller dogs. Plus, Otis is a chick magnet. One time we were walking Otis around Lake Calhoun and Mindy walked away for five seconds (literally) and I had three cuties all up in my business. Of course, Mindy came back, but still... Now all I have to do is teach him to get phone numbers and we're in business. What's that you say? You need some gratuitous dog photos? Okay!

*Original Blogger

4 comments:

christine said...

Wow - Peter gives REAL shout-outs.

IBTFAD
I'd Buy that for a Dollar?

I'd pay 10.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, how much did Mindy pay you to post this?

Peter said...

That's right lady. We don't mess around here at Peter Unzipped.

m said...

Best post ever! And anonymous, I totally did not pay him to post this.