Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Movie Review: Borat

I went and saw Borat over the weekend with my mom, and I have to say we were pretty disappointed. Not that it was a bad movie per se, but really I expected a lot more. The movie relied a lot more on locker room humor than anything particularly clever, and generally seemed to be firing off ten jokes a minute in the hope that one of them stuck. I have to admit though, I will be humming Borat's version of the Kazakh national anthem for the rest of the week...

Kazakhstan greatest country in the world
All other countries are run by little girls
Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium
Other countries have inferior potassium...

3 comments:

m said...

I think you didn't like it b/c you saw it with your mom - AWKWARD!!! Go see it again. It's funny.

And the national anthem is CLASSIC.

christine said...

Did you know he is engaged to Isla Fisher, Austrailan actress? Wasn't she the crazy girl in Wedding Crashers? She's hot! Sacha, not so much.

m said...

shouldn't you be posting something sometime soon?