Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Queen of Clean

Ugh, I'm running around like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off so I'm not getting around to finishing any post of substance. I have learned one thing that I can share quickly though. I've been finishing painting my living room/kitchen* and discovered some rust stains in my (stainless steel) sink from tin cans I was using to soak paint brushes (plus there were some old ones, I think from soaking old baking pans. Anyway I scoured the net for advice and found this article. The "recipe" called for making a paste from lemon juice and cream of tartar and letting it sit in the sink for several hours. I was a bit skeptical at first, since this sounds more like something you would serve with fish, but it worked extremely well. I will check out more articles to see if I can find some other useful advice.

*I'd call it a great room but I wouldn't want to upset Mindy's delicate balance of humors

1 comment:

christine said...

This is fantastic. On the note of tips...unclogging old drains:

Pour a cup of baking soda, followed by a cup of white vinegar, down the drain. Plug the opening with an old rag or a stopper and let it bubble away. After a few minutes, rinse with hot water and repeat if necessary.