Sunday, January 28, 2007

Our Crazy Accounting Prof

Don't mix your thangs.


- Professor, Financial Statement Analysis

Well, we've had two classes of Financial Statements Analysis and so far we have learned a lot about our professor. He seems like a pretty nice guy, but other than that all signs point to crazy. Here are some of the things we have learned so far:

- He stutters, which is fine except that he apparently compensates by shouting and talking really, really fast. He also likes to throw out random GAAP rules, and often even the accountants in class don't know what he's talking about.

- Apparently he is not into athletics very much. When he attempted to draw the Nike swoosh on the white board, he drew a large tilde instead (~).

- I'm not sure if he is upset about some aspect of the Minnesota educational system or just has something against Garrison Keiler, but he frequently mocks the notion that everyone in Minnesota is above average.

- He has boycotted the Academy Awards every since Val Kilmer was snubbed for his role as Doc Holliday in Tombstone. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences would not return our phone calls.

- John Wayne's best serious acting role was in The Searchers.

4 comments:

m said...

My favorite was how he would be in the middle of explaining some general ledger entry and then just randomly start talking about a western movie. Then he'd go back to general ledgers like there was never a break in his lecture. Then back to western movies. There is something a little off about him. Ok, more than a little off, if we're being honest.

I know I wrote down some more great quotes of his, but I don't have my notebook with me...otherwise I'd share.

Katie said...

Well, I find it quite refreshing that there is a male in this world that doesn't know the Nike Swoosh symbol. I bet he's emotionally available too.

Peter said...

I think Becky is going to set up a Western and Martini night. Of course you'll probably ditch it like you're probably going to ditch us for the Super Bowl. :(

And thanks Katie, but while I think he's emotionally... something, I don't think it's available. Besides, I can speak from experience that being "emotionally available" does zippo for your dating life.

m said...

I counted how many times he said "Right?" last class. In 6 minutes he said it 32 times. In case you were wondering.

I should really pay attention in class.