Monday, March 26, 2007

My Hair Is Not A Democracy

Some of you know that I have been struggling with the apparent loss of my favorite hair product. For those of you who haven't seen me sans hair gel, it's hard to appreciate the afro my hair can turn into. Anyway I normally use Dep, which is basically cheap crap but seems to work very well with my hair. Like most people I'm not into the shellacked look, but I need serious control here. I usually get the number 9, which is labeled Ultimate Hold. The Rainbow in Uptown stopped carrying it a couple months ago, and now I can't find it in Target, so I've tried a couple other brands without success. It was not out of the question that I would start ordering it off of Amazon.

Anyway, the funny part of the story came when I was shopping at the Rainbow at the Quarry, and I found some Dep there. The only one available was the Intense Hold, which was the number 11. Perhaps I was naive to think that 9 was out of a 10 point scale, but the episode made me think of the movie Spinal Tap. If you haven't seen it you should check it out:

No comments: