Friday, April 11, 2008

Th-th-th-that's All Folks!

Wednesday was my final class for grad school, ever. I have to admit that Marketing Management kind of ended on a sour note, seeing that I was expecting an A going into class and in the last ten minutes learned that instead I am getting a B+. That may not sound like much until you realize that I have a huge ego and have only gotten A's and some A-'s until now. Oh well. I liked the classes anyway, not so much the assignments and (apparently) never ended up seeing eye-to-eye with the professor on things. On the plus side, the take-home final was optional if you liked your grade and seeing that I had what I guessed was an equal chance of going up or down I decided to be lazy and do nothing. Anyway I won't gripe too much lest I get too many smart-alec comments from Mindy.

Graduation is late May, and there is some kind of graduate dinner before then but I think it's the weekend I am traveling to Rochester, NY to visit my grandad (seriously, why is everybody planning something that weekend, huh?). In more positive news, I did learn that I have "earned top academic honors as a Carlson Scholar based on [my] achievements" at grad school. What exactly does one get for such an honor you ask? Piles of cash? Travel? A great job? A gold- and jewel-encrusted plaque heralding my achievements? No, even better! I will be recognized at graduation with a gold honor cord! Because that's what all new graduates need - cords.

No comments: