Friday, April 11, 2008

Postin' in the Boy's Room

Hello there, I am taking today off for no good reason other than I want to, because that's what we do here in America (take that terrorists!). The weather here in Minneapolis is horrible, kind of a wet, windy, rain-snow-slush fest that is a pretty fitting end to the crappy winter we just had. However, my condo is nice and toasty so it's a good day to snuggle up to my keyboard and type up a couple posts, among other things.

This morning I finished another drawing, and this time I stepped up the difficulty another notch. Instead of just drawing Otis, this time I decided to let Mindy join in the fun. I'm not sure what Otis is doing here, perhaps his Baby Jesus impression, but he sure looks funny (Maybe E.T.? Otis-in-a-blanket?). You've probably figured it out but the Nordic goddess looking chick is Mindy.

Now if you've ever tried to draw people, particularly people you know, it can be very frustrating. It's not that people are that hard to draw it's that even small mistakes are very noticable. I'm sure you've heard that beauty is largely defined by symmetry (damn you Denzel Washington!) and I think we are all acutely attuned to notice this. Not only that, but I think it's fair to say that any artist that tries to draw one of his friends is basically one set of buck teeth away from being alone.


No comments: