Sunday, October 29, 2006

Thoughts of the Day

Here are my thoughts of the day:


1. Will someone please tell football announcers that they are no longer allowed to use the word "alacrity." One of them used the word on Monday Night Football a couple years ago and now it seems to get used every damn game. This is almost as bad as my accounting professor who used the word "parsimonious" about five times per class.


2. Is it me, or is kind of weird that CBS's Sunday night line up is:
- Amazing Race
- Cold Case
- Without a Trace


3. I went out Friday night with some friends downtown to Gluek's and then Spin. Although I think Halloween was more celebrated on Saturday, of the people who dressed up my award for best costume goes to the guy who went as Borat. He probably didn't have to buy much, just a wig and a fake mustache, and threw on a suit and sunglasses. Even so, if you know who Borat is he was instantly recognizable. The runner-up was my friend Isabel, who I don't think put any money into her costume (she was going out Saturday as one of the Supremes). She apparently started out as a librarian but ended up as a school teacher (to round out the costume she packed a menacing 6" plastic ruler and occasionally smacked people with it). I told her I thought she looked like Elizabeth Hurley a la Austin Powers. Even though she kept asking me if she looked weird - as she is prone to do - evidently a lot of guys must have agreed with me because she got hit on all night. You go, girlfriend.

1 comment:

m said...

I saw "Borat" this weekend. It is offensively funny.