Saturday, April 05, 2008

Compassionate Action for Animals Dinner





Well, last night was the Compassionate Action for Animals dinner which was held at the Coffman Memorial Union. It seemed a bit strange that I've been going to the U for three and a half years and have never been there before. But seriously, do people actually buy books from the bookstore? It's called Amazon people. Sorry, I'm getting off topic here.

Anyway CAA is either the organization which Mindy volunteers at to help animals live better lives and promote vegetarianism and veganism, or is a bunch of dirty hippies who formed a club for people who want to destroy America. You decide. Anyway, I'm sure if you know Mindy or read her blog she went veg last summer and in that short period of time has worked herself all the way to Volunteer of the Month at CAA. What. A. Nerd. Anyway this week she was running around trying to get the banquet and silent auction together for last night, and seems to have pulled things off quite well.

The silent auction was full of interesting stuff that people had donated. I told Mindy I would donate a date with me but I guess she was too busy to get back to me on that one. There was a lot of artwork though, plus some yoga classes, pottery, some concert tickets and other stuff. I bid on a couple things and got a big old basket full of vegan goodies (note to self: vegan does not always mean low calorie... burp...) and some fancy schmancy doggie shampoo kit for Otis. Mindy bid on around ten things and was close to being on the hook for almost $300 but ended up being outbid on about half of them. After that was the banquet, where we ate way too much food that was donated from various local businesses. After that there were a couple speeches, and then we collected the stuff we won at the silent auction. The end.

3 comments:

m said...

It's true, I'm a big nerd. I really don't know how it happened (born that way?).

Anyway, Otis is THRILLED with his fancy shampoo basket. He just absolutely loves it. Maybe I'll take a picture of him using it....or maybe not.

m said...

Oh, and he says "RHAN RUUU" which means Thank you, I believe. What can I say, I brought him up with manners!

Anonymous said...

It's not my first time to visit this web page, i am visiting this web site dailly and get pleasant data from here every day.

My page affordable insurance quote